Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hot Artichoke Dip

I was given this recipe during my college days, and I have definately changed it over time. Because I like more flavor than what most recipes call for I usually double the garlic and dill. Recently I have found the artichoke hearts in huge jars at Sam's and Costco, that is where I buy the parmesan cheese as well. When serving for large group I usually bring Ritz Crackers or some veggies.

Hot Artichoke Dip
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 C mayonnaise
2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts (Reese brand is best)
1/2 t dill weed
1/4 t garlic powder
1 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
French bread
Cut up marinated artichoke hearts (using cooking scissors is easiest) and discard liquid. In a bowl combine softened cream cheese, mayo, dill, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly. Heat on High in microwave for 5 min. stirring occasionally. Put in glass bowl and bake at 375 for 20 to 25 min. Toast French bread pieces in oven if desired.

**For the crock pot double the recipe***

No comments:

Post a Comment