Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Homeade Caramels

During my Ricks College days my best friend Traci made Lion House Christmas Caramels. A few years ago I decided to be brave and try and make them. After telling my friend Tammi about them she gave me her recipe for caramels. I have combined the two recipes into one. Chelle and I use this recipe for our chocolate dipped pretzels we do every year, and although that was done several weeks ago, when I was talking to her yesterday she asked me if I was going to be making another batch. So here goes, my last candy making of the season.

Christmas Carmels
1 1/2 C butter
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C white sugar
1 1/2 C karo syrup
1 140z can sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt

Combine ingredients in heavy pan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring constantly until temperature reached soft ball state on
candy thermometer (about 15 min). Pour into buttered 9x13 pan. Cool, cut
into squares and wrap in wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment