Sunday, February 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Finger Bars



When I was in grade school my favorite thing they had at school lunch was Peanut Butter Finger Bars. My High School friend, and college roommate Christy has the recipe for them, I have made my own little changes and I am sure most people have this recipe but I made them this morning and thought I would share. The chocolate frosting I use is from my former neighbor Carrie Kokkola. It is the best chocolate frosting I have ever had, the change I made to this I use evaporated milk. Make sure you beat it well and it will be super creamy.

Peanut Butter Finger Bars
1 C butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
Mix together well, then add:
2 eggs
2/3 C peanut butter
Mix again, then add:
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
2 C oatmeal
Spread into big cookie silver cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool. Spread thin layer of creamy peanut butter. Put in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to let peanut butter harden. Then spread with chocolate frosting.

Chocolate frosting
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C butter
1/4 C evaporated milk
1 t vanilla
1/3 C cocoa

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I am glad to a new recipe and that it is not breadsticks! just kidding. I can't wait to try this. I am going to do it sometime next week. I've already got too many treats planned this week for valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete