Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mint Chocolate Brownies

I started my morning off at 6am by making these brownies. It is my friend Michelle's (or as Austin says "SeaChelle" cause I tell him we are going to go see Chelle, so now he calls her "SeaChelle")birthday and we are going to go and visit her, so I thought I would take her a plate of her favorite brownies. I think this is my most requested recipe and a staple at a lot of family gatherings. I have modified it from the original, but believe my version is just a little better.

Mint Chocolate Brownies


Brownie:
2 ½ cubes of butter, melted
½ C cocoa
2 ½ C sugar
5 eggs
Almost 2 C flour
1 ¼ t vanilla
dash salt
1 C nuts (optional)
Combine margarine and cocoa. Beat in sugar. Beat eggs in 1 at a time, beating well after each one. Add flour, vanilla, salt and nuts. Spread into greased big cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 25-30 min.

Mint Frosting:

3 ¾ C powdered sugar
6 T melted butter
2 1/2 t peppermint (use more if imitation)
2 to 3 drops green flavoring
evaporated milk
Mix all ingredients using only enough evaporated milk to make smooth and creamy. Spread on top of cold brownies. Put in fridge for frosting to get firm, so it doesn’t smear when you put the next frosting on.

Frosting:
2 C milk chocolate chips (or semi sweet)
2 t vanilla
1 cube melted butter
Cook on low heat until smooth and ready to spread. Using the microwave is easiest, it usually takes about 1 ½ minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment